The mission of the University of Science and Technology (UST) is to serve the people of Egypt through pre-eminence in creating, communicating, and applying knowledge, through science, research, technology, and academic values. UST strives to develop leaders and citizens who challenge the present and enrich the future.
UST prepares students to embark on a 21st-century knowledge society guided by our policy: “Admission to the university is only based on merit”.
The University is defined by a culture of interdisciplinary teaching and research, coupled with academic rigor. By transcending disciplinary boundaries, we encourage our students, faculty, and staff to tackle complex and vexing challenges facing modern societies at local, national, and global levels.
Our programs are responsive to the changing needs of society and relevant to the goals of our students and the needs of the community. Our academic environment is rich in opportunities for independence and collaboration and reflective of the traditions of excellence, innovation, and leadership that the University aims to establish.
This mission is achieved by:
- Building a strong foundation in Sciences and Engineering.
- Providing the knowledge and skills essential for career and personal success.
- Integrating teaching, research, and service in ways that enhance the learning experience.
- Supporting a dynamic environment where innovation, openness, and creativity are fostered.
- Using advanced technologies to meet the changing educational needs and to establish links with the global community.
- Establishing partnerships with business, industry, educational institutions, and government agencies.