Admission of Transfer Students


Transfer Student Policy: for Non-UST Students Seeking Enrollment in UST

  • To be considered as a transfer student, an applicant must be in a good academic standing at the previously enrolled institution. The applicant must have a minimum GPA 3.00 or an accumulative general grade Very Good to be considered for application.
  • The certificate for secondary school completion will be considered as the main factor in the admission's process and the applicant must meet the minimum high school requirement for the application.
  • The student should pass UST admission exam, English exam and the interview.
  • The coursework is completed at a nationally accredited institution in Egypt or at an officially recognized institution in a foreign country (recognized by SCU or ABET accredited for Engineering Majors/ accredited international institutes for Science Majors).
  • The coursework is substantially similar to UST courses and no more than five years should pass upon the course delivery.
  • The final grade posted for each potential transfer course is a 'B' grade (or better).
  • A partial transfer isn’t accepted, the coursework does not duplicate, overlap, or regress previous work.
  • The university or college offering the courses allows these courses to be used for credit towards its own undergraduate degree.
  • For work done elsewhere, No more than 28 hours of semester credit for science programs and 36 hours of semester credit for engineering programs may be counted toward a bachelor's degree at UST.
  • Transcripts from nationally or internationally accredited institution must be sent directly to UST. UST cannot accept transcripts directly from the student. The transcript should clearly indicate all of the following information for each course:
  1. Course codes or numbers
  2. Course titles and descriptions
  3. Final grades earned
  4. Course credits earned
  5. Course Syllabus
  • After the program director evaluation, a credit transfer committee within the program should be held to evaluate the transferred course. Recommendations of the committee to be reported to the dean of academic affairs.
  • A university committee chaired by the dean of academic affairs should finally approve the recommended transferred courses.


  • The certificate for secondary school completion will be considered as a main factor in the admission process.


For Any Inquiry,


  • Please send an email to
  • Or visit the Office of Admission and Registration in Zewail City of Science and Technology, Dr. Ahmed Zewail Road, October Gardens, 6th of October City, Giza, Egypt. One Stop shop - ground floor, Room No: G004 in any day from 10 AM to 2 PM except Friday, Saturday and the official vacations.