Zewail City of Science and Technology has five essential sub-structures that are interlinked, but each with a separate mission:
- The University: for advanced learning.
- The Research Institutes: for excellence in research and development.
- The Technology Pyramid: for the transfer of technology to national gross domestic product in the global market.
- The Academy: for preparing gifted students during the pre-university phase.
- The Center for Strategic Studies: for the assessment of the benefits and risks involved in large-scale national projects.
The five sub-structures are planned to be coherently interactive for optimum collaboration and benefit, both scientifically and physically. Such a structure offers students and researchers the best possible environment for learning and contributing to the creation of new knowledge.
Zewail City of Science and Technology will not be an isolated island of excellence in its main location in 6th of October City on the outskirts of Cairo. It will coordinate and cooperate with universities and research centers nationally and internationally.
Zewail City has established many collaborations with research organizations across Egypt for the enhancement of national productivity.