University of Science and Technology at Zewail City (UST) offers graduate programs in sciences and engineering disciplines. These graduate programs accept applications from B.Sc. and M.Sc. degree holders. Applicants with B.Sc. degrees have the opportunity to apply for MEng and M.Sc. graduate programs. Applicants with M.Sc. degrees have the opportunity to apply for the Ph.D. program.
Applicants have to satisfy admission criteria to be accepted in graduate programs at UST. These admission criteria are intended to confirm the applicant’s scientific calibre in the field in which he/she is pursuing the graduate degree.
Applicants should complete the online application form by the deadline announced on the UST website. Certificates, letters of recommendation, personal statement, and research proposal (for Ph.D. applicants) should be attached with the application.
All applications are processed and assessed by the graduate program committee (GPC) and approved by the graduate studies committee (GSC). Both committees are formed by the Dean of Academic Affairs and the Executive President.
The University has the right to modify any academic requirements. Requirements and regulations changed by the University will be announced when necessary to all enrolled students. The students are responsible for being aware of all academic requirements and regulations stated in this part and in each specific field of study.
The Graduate Academic Requirements & Curriculum apply to all students towards their MENG, M.Sc. and Ph.D. programs. Specific Program Requirements are described under each field of study. The following sections list the graduate degrees that are offered at UST and present requirements for successful completion of offered degrees.
University of Science and Technology offers:
- MSc in Physics, Biomedical Sciences, NanoScience, Math, Nanotechnology and Nanoelectronics Engineering, Environmental Engineering
- MEng in Environmental Engineering
- PhD in Biomedical and Nanotechnology.
- There will be a limited number of fellowships from the research centers at Zewail City that will be available to the top applicants based on their credentials.
- After submitting the applications documents, you will receive an ID number. Upon receiving the ID number, please pay the application fees (600 EGP) to be deposited in the Account # ( 100037290682 ) at any CIB branch.
- Please send urgently a scanned copy of the CIB receipt to email: postgradallapp@zewail
city.edu.eg with writing your ID number in the subject.
B.Sc. with a minimum GPA of 2.7 granted from an accredited institute or a minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in the field of environmental engineering.
1. B.Sc. with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or “Very Good” from an accredited national or international university/institute.
2. Proof of English language proficiency (TOEFEL iBT with a minimum score of 80, IELTS with a minimum score of 6.5, or pass English proficiency test at Zewail City).
1. Passing the GRE exam with a minimum score according to the table below:
2. Submission of three reference letters, two of which are obtained from professors familiar with the candidate’s work/academic performance. Internal supervisor, from Zewail City, may support the candidate with one of the three reference letters. If the applicant is a Zewail city graduate, the three letters may be from internal Zewail city faculty.
3. Submission of a written statement of purpose composed of a maximum of 1000 words highlighting interest in the graduate program, the proposed field of graduate study, and reasons for choosing University of Science and Technology at Zewail City. The candidate must pass the “CANDIDACY EXAM”.
4. The Ph.D. Candidacy Exam is a written comprehensive exam in the discipline of the Ph.D. It covers the contents in the compulsory courses of the program requirements in the M.Sc. study plan.