Doctor of Philosophy Degree in Biomedical Sciences
The Biomedical Sciences Program at Zewail City of Science and Technology welcomes applications from students wishing to pursue a Doctor of Philosophy degree in biomedical sciences. The program’s research specialties include: medical science, dug design and development, bioinformatics and computational biology, molecular cell biology, or any related field.
Program supervisors at Zewail City:
- Dr. Fareed Aboul-ela
- Prof. Sameh Ali
- Dr. Reem Arafa
- Prof. Nagwa El-Badri
- Prof. Sherif El-Khamisy
- Dr. Ayman El-Shibiny
- Prof. Marwan Emara
- Dr. Tamer Salem
Associated research centers at Zewail City:
- Center for Aging and Associated Diseases (CAAD)
- Center of Excellence for Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine (CESC)
- Center for Genomics (CG)
- Center for X-Ray Determination of the Structure of Matter (CXDS)
The minimum requirements to apply for the graduate program are:
- A bachelor’s degree in pharmaceutical sciences, medicine, biology, chemistry, biochemistry, or equivalent, with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- A Master of Science degree is preferred, but not mandatory.
- TOEFL certificate with a minimum score of 80 or IELTS with a minimum score of 6.5.
- General GRE test with a minimum score of 300.
- Three reference letters.
- A statement highlighting the candidate’s interest in the graduate program, the proposed field of study, and reasons for choosing Zewail City of Science and Technology. The statement should not exceed 1000 words.
- A letter of acceptance from a supervisor in the related field.
- Passing the admission interview with a panel of experts from Zewail City in the proposed field of study.
Applicants from all nationalities are welcome to apply. Zewail City will offer a limited number of full scholarships for highly exceptional candidates. Students with full scholarships will be hired, with a monthly stipend, as research assistants at a related research laboratory to their field of study.
- Deadline for receiving applications: June 30, 2016.
- Notifying short listed applicants of the interview's date and time: August 1, 2016. Overseas applicants can be interviewed through video conference.
- Notification of the final accepted applications: September 1, 2016.
For inquiries and questions, please contact Eng. Randa Saafan, graduate program administrative officer, at email@example.com.