Center for Photonics and Smart Materials (CPSM)
The center’s mission is to carry out world-class research in nanophotonics, enrich the research culture in Egypt and bring innovative solutions to societal problems.
At the CPSM we aim to:
- Ensure that our research is at the forefront of nanophotonics using cutting-edge technologies in the field.
- Disseminate our research results internationally via publications in the best international journals and conferences.
- Equip our undergraduate and postgraduate students with state-of-the-art knowledge in nanophotonics.
- Seek active research collaboration links with other centers at Zewail City, Egyptian universities and world-leading institutions.
- Commercialize our research from lab to the market through patents and spin-off companies.
- Form national and international focal points for debate on emerging societal issues such as supporting a low-carbon environment.
- Organize world-class research seminars, workshops and international conferences in the area of nanophotonics at Zewail City.
- Participate actively in promoting a research culture so that Zewail City occupies the international universities’ league table.