The university prepares students to enter the knowledge society of the 21st century.
We are guided by our policy that stipulates that admission to the university is based on merit alone.
The university is defined by a culture of interdisciplinary teaching and research, coupled with academic rigor. By transcending disciplinary boundaries, we encourage our students, faculty and staff to tackle complex and vexing challenges facing modern societies at local, national and global levels.
Our programs are responsive to the changing needs of society and relevant to the goals of our students and the needs of the community. Our academic environment is rich in opportunities for independence and collaboration and is reflective of the traditions of excellence, innovation and leadership that the university aims to establish.
We accomplish this mission by:
- Providing our students with a strong foundation in sciences and engineering.
- Providing the knowledge and skills essential for career and personal success.
- Integrating teaching, research and service in ways that enhance the learning experience.
- Providing a dynamic environment where innovation, openness and creativity are fostered.
- Using advanced technologies to meet changing educational needs and to establish links with the global community.
- Establishing partnerships with business, industry, educational institutions and government agencies.