Graduate Program Procedures
Zewail City of Science and Technology offers Doctor of Philosophy degrees in science and engineering disciplines. The Doctor of Philosophy program accepts applications from Bachelor of Science degree holders. The general skeleton of the graduate program is:
1. All applicants should pass the admission requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy program.
2. Applicants with a Bachelor of Science degree or a Master of Science degree have the opportunity to apply for the Doctor of Philosophy program. Admission to the program does not require a Master of Science degree as a pre-requisite.
3. Applicants will have to pass the program’s evaluation exam which is extended to test the applicant’s scientific caliber in the field in which he/she is pursuing the graduate degree.
4. By the end of the first year, the candidate will go through a candidacy exam. Upon passing this exam, the candidate will be admitted as a Doctor of Philosophy fellow in Zewail City of Science and Technology.
5. Candidates who pass the candidacy exam should be able to complete the degree requirements in a maximum period of five years.