1) The minimum requirement of the overall score percentage for filling in the online application is as follows:
- 96% for Egyptian Thanaweya Amma, Thanaweya Azhareya, Arab Thanaweya, Abitur, IB, Canadian high school certificate and other equivalent certificates
- 98% for the American Diploma
- 95% for the IGCSE
- 90% for the French Baccalaureate (Moyenne 17/20)
- 80% for the STEM high school certificate
2) Once the start of the admission process is announced, all candidates interested in joining the University of Science and Technology must conduct an initial evaluation of their grades. This is done online through the “Apply” link on Zewail City's website from February 1 till August 5, 2016.
3) Based on the evaluation results, qualifying students should fill the online application form. Applications from students with grades that fall below qualifying standards will be declined.
4) Only IGCSE students are invited to apply before the final release of their final results and students who have old high school certificates. Other prospective applicants are invited to apply to join the university after the release of their final results.
5) Applicants must upload the following documents as attachments to their application:
- High school certificate or statements of results.
- Birth certificate or national ID or a passport copy (male students should attach their National ID).
- Proof of English proficiency if available (test scores of IELTS or TOEFL).
- Passport–sized photo with a white background.
- University transcript in case of old date high school graduation.
6) Applicants will receive an email from email@example.com confirming their successful submission and will be assigned an applicant ID number, which should be kept with applicants for future correspondences with the university.
7) All applications will be processed. Only short-listed candidates who meet the requirements will be selected to sit for the admission exam and for the English exam.
8) Once all documents are in order, short-listed candidates will receive a notification email with the admission exam date which will be held in the university campus, in Sheikh Zayed district, in front of Juhayna square, 6th of October City.
9) A sample of the admission exam is available on Zewail City's website.
10) IGCSE students with incomplete grades should email firstname.lastname@example.org, using their application ID, the additional grades of their AL or ASL subjects released in August for a re-evaluation before August 27, 2016.
11) Applicants should keep a copy of the admission exam email to present it at the university's gate along with their national ID card or passport.
12) Top candidates passing the admission exam and satisfying all other admission requirements will receive an email indicating the time and date for their English exam.
13) Top candidates passing the English exam will receive an email indicating the time and date for their personal interview time.
14) Based on the results of the admission exam, English exam and the interview, successful short-listed candidates will receive an acceptance email from the university.
15) Accepted candidates who fulfill the university's English proficiency requirement by submitting recent TOEFL test scores (valid for two years after the test date) with a minimum band score of 94, a minimum writing score of 27, and a minimum speaking score of 23 or IELTS test scores with a minimum band score, writing score and speaking score of seven, or by passing Zewail City's English language proficiency test will be fully admitted to the university.
16) Accepted candidates who submit recent English test scores TOEFL or IELTS below the minimum required will be exempted from the EPT (English Proficiency Test) if they fulfill one of the following criteria:
- TOEFL (IBT) score of 60-93 and writing 24 – 26 or score of 35 – 59 and writing 21 – 23 are entitled to an intensive English program prior to or during the beginning of the first semester based on the university’s academic schedule.
- IELTS scores of 6 – 6.5 and writing 6.5 or 5 - 5.5 and writing 6 are entitled to an intensive English program prior to or during the beginning of the first semester based on the university’s academic schedule.
17) Applicants with recent TOEFL test scores (valid for two years after the test date) with a band score below 35, a writing score below 21 and a speaking score below 23 or IELTS test scores with band, writing and speaking scores below five, or who do not pass Zewail City’s English language proficiency test will not be admitted.
Documents that must be submitted upon acceptance:
1- Original birth certificate.
2- Six passport–sized photos with white background.
3- Copy of national ID for Egyptian students.
4- Military form نموذج ٢ for all male students and 6 gond for students with birth dates before 1997 (Egyptian males only).
5- Copy of passport for non-Egyptians.
6- Medical certificate and HIV certificate for foreigners.
7- High school certificate.
8- High school certificate holders from outside Egypt must provide a copy of their residence proof. The proof must be authenticated by the Egyptian Cultural Counsellor or the Egyptian Embassy. An alternative would be presenting a passport indicating the entry and exit dates during the study period, or presenting an entry/exit travel record.
High school certificate document requirements:
A. Egyptian secondary school (ثانوية عامة)
1- Statement of scores (بيان درجات).
B. American High School Diploma
1- Original high school transcript of grade 10, 11, and 12 stamped by the Egyptian Cultural Counselor in the U.S. for schools in Egypt or U.S.
2- Original high school transcript stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Egyptian embassy for schools outside Egypt or U.S.
3- SAT I with AMIDEAST authentication and the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
4- SAT II with AMIDEAST authentication and the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
5- Evidence of 12 years of schooling or original preparatory school certificate (إعدادية).
6- Original results of Arabic/religion examinations.
1- Original statement of results or original certificates stamped by the British Council and the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
2- Evidence of 12 years of schooling or original preparatory school certificate (إعدادية).
3- Original results of Arabic/religion examinations.
D. International Baccalaureate (IB) and other international certificates
1- IB or graduation certificate stamped by the Egyptian embassy in the relevant country or by the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
E. Secondary school certificates from other Arab countries
1- Original certificate stamped by the Egyptian embassy in the relevant country or by the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.